Friday, February 26, 2016

Montenegro 2016 - start of the year:

Here we go, again, and again with so unattractive design, but what to say? Nothing come from Montenegro post Company, that can suggested some "better time" or that they intend to change design. So we go with:

1-2016 "National Costume - Hat":




Issued on Jan. 29, 2016 in set of two (2) stamps, and under name of "Art in Montenegro"!
result see alone, but, at first, I was thinking that some problem exist with this issue because I have feeling that politics made one very big influence in it!
There are two stamps, one is showing us Montenegrin maiden cap, and second Muslim maid cap, so ordinary collectors will think that in Montenegro live just two nationality, Montenegrin and Muslim (which Muslim? Albanian only as I know). So question are: "What with other nationality living in Montenegro"? Probably - next time!
design as usually, full color, "dark" background for one issue (Muslim cap), and much brighter for second are "bright" (Montenegrin).
I don't think that this issue will have any famous future!

2-1016 "Moljkovac Battle":





What I can say about this issue is - worst design! At first glance, without reading name of issue, I have opinion that design is showing us some kind of hangar, or even tunnel! Just with close look on stamp, I understand that it is battlefield, with flag fly on the corner.
Again, nothing that I will admire to the future. 
What worry me, are quantity printed for both issue, that now stand on 65 000 set/s which is actually, rise from 55 000 so, market will be flown without any good reason, as whole population of Montenegro are less than 1M.



No comments: